509 Norwich Ave.
advance thermal is the premier manufacturer of removable insulation covers for turbines, valves, pipes, pumps, flanges, y-strainers, tanks, heat exchangers, manholes, fans and exhaust for use with indoor/outdoor environments.
Products & Services
- Insulation Covers
- Removable Insulation
- Advance Thermal
- Insulation Blankets
- Removable Insulation Covers
- Advance Thermal Corp
- Advance Thermal Corp. - Rotating Dryer Covers
- Rotating Dryers are a difficult piece of machinery to insulate, yet they can be the source of significant energy loss if not properly insulated. Lost Energy = Lost Profit! Removable insulation covers around the dryer keep the heat in the dryer to save energy, stabilize the drying process and improve employee safety. For a plant that operates 24-7, minimizing downtime is critical. For this reason, Advance Thermal Corp. has developed an installation procedure that allows the blankets to be installed in 6 to 8 hours without scaffolding. Benefits of the Blankets vs. Hard Covering: Rotation and Vibration cause hard covering to fall apart over time. Blankets are not affected by these operating conditions. Blankets are easy to remove and reinstall for maintenance and weld inspection. Hard covering is one-time-use, so if removed, a new one must be purchased. Blankets dramatically reduce the down time of the dryer. Damaged, broken or worn blankets only requires new blankets for the component that needs to be replaced (blankets for the entire dryer are not required). The dryer can remain in operation while ATC manufactures the required components. New hard covering needs to be applied to an entire section of the dryer, which needs to out of service while it is being installed.
- Advance Thermal Corp. - Company Information
- Professional measurements and designs by experienced field engineers. Multiple layers insulation system design with maximum staggering for best performance. Use of premium materials in the blankets. Attention to details. 26 years hands-on experience with all types of mechanical equipment. Professional installation when required. Professional installation assistance. Easy to read, understand and work with installation drawings for each individual layer. Up to date filing system of projects, that allows replacement of any drawings or blankets for future outages. Equipment is measured by well trained, experienced field engineers. Measurements are made quickly, accurately and faxed to our Engineering department for immediate development. Removable insulation covers are custom designed by the industry's only comprehensive engineering department, aided by a customized CAD system. By "engineering" the covers, gaps, overlaps and bunching is eliminated, and features such as slits, cutouts and sections are added to help the covers fit equipment "like a glove". Manufacture of the covers is performed by the most advanced and experienced production staff. This significantly reduces manufacturing errors that can cause installation problems, premature wear and speeds the manufacturing process. Each removable insulation cover is carefully checked by the Quality Control department before being packaged for shipping. Manufacturing quality, material correctness and dimensional verification are checked according to the design to avoid on-site problems or delays. Insulation covers, installation drawings, and repair kits are packaged, clearly labeled, and shipped to your location for installation. Packing lists can be automatically e-mailed in PDF format when an order ships. If required, experienced installers will install the insulation system. Subject:Re: Insulation for DIG Steam Turbine Update From:Kenneth P Gray <email@example.com> Date:Fri, 12 Dec 2008 06:27:03 To:Arkady Feldman <firstname.lastname@example.org> Arkady, I want to thank you and all personal for the service you provided insulating our steam turbine generator. You answered promptly any and all concerns, provided both confidence in your abilities and organization. The end result meet or exceeded all expectations and I would recommend you and your staff to any vendors that would consider your service. Please pass on the thanks to all who helped in completing this project. Job well done, Thank you! Kenneth Gray Resource Planner Dearborn Industrial Generation 2400 Miller Road Dearborn, Michigan 48121 313-336-7189 ext 234 313-336-4673 fax ATC was established in 1987 as a design, manufacturing and full service company, providing high quality, low maintenance Engineered Insulation Systems for the industry. In a short time Advance Thermal Corp. (ATC), has become an undisputed leader of the industry. The qualities of the products we provide are in a class by itself. Our engineering and manufacturing capabilities are beyond reach by any of our competition. ATC is the only company in the industry providing a fully engineered product. We have the only fully comprehensive engineering department in the industry. ATC employs 8 degreed engineers, providing CAD designs and full product patterns to our four fully integrated manufacturing facilities. Linked by Internet, full-scale patterns designed in our central engineering department are plotted in each shop. This allows us to provide a uniform and consistent design of product regardless of what shop it is manufactured in. Advance Thermal Corp. owns and operates 3 strategically located manufacturing facilities (Illinois, Texas and Connecticut), each representing the state of the art in manufacturing of removable and reusable flexible blankets. Advance Thermal Corp. recently provided removable insulation covers for various equipment and piping in a nuclear power plant during a service outage. The company published the following in their internal newsletter.
- Advance Thermal Corp. - Steam & Gas Turbines
- Advance Thermal Corp. is the leader providing complete service of thermal, acoustical and personnel protection insulation systems to manufacturers and users of STEAM and GAS TURBINES, and COMPRESSORS. Providing a comprehensive insulation system, for this highly specialized type of equipment requires the knowledge and experience of Advance Thermal Corp. engineers and workers. For the past 15 years we have provided complete insulation systems for more than 450 turbines and compressors all over the world. Below are some of the services we offer for this important market segment. Areas Insulated W/Blankets Method of Insulation Reasons & Benefits HP SHELL - top, bottom, joint Multiple Layers Thermal Protection RH SHELL - top, bottom, joint Multiple Layers Heat Retention LP SHELL - top, bottom, joint Multiple Layers Acoustical Protection CROSS-OVER PIPING Multiple Layers Thermal Protection Stop & Control Valves Multiple Layers Thermal Protection Reheat Valve Multiple Layers Thermal Protection T & T Valve Multiple Layers Thermal Protection Areas Insulated W/Blankets Method of Insulation Reasons & Benefits Top Shell Multiple Layers Thermal Protection & Heat Retention Bottom Shell Multiple Layers Thermal Protection & Heat Retention Horizontal Joint Multiple Layers Thermal Protection & Heat Retention Combustion Chamber Multiple Layers Acoustical Protection Areas Insulated W/Blankets Method of Insulation Reasons & Benefits Body Single or Double Layers Thermal & Acoustical Protection Inlet Single or Double Layers Thermal & Acoustical Protection Outlet Single or Double Layers Thermal & Acoustical Protection
- Advance Thermal Corp. - Exhaust Manifold Enclosures
- Advance Thermal Corp. offers STATE-OF-THE-ART U.S.A. built insulation systems for EXHAUST MANIFOLDS for a large variety of DIESEL, GAS, and DUAL FUEL engines. Years of experience allow us to incorporate cutting edge technology coupled with superior design and choice of materials capable of withstanding the toughest conditions for manifold insulation. An exceptional combination of tested materials provides blankets with the ability to retain energy and provide for higher efficiency of the turbo chargers. In addition to the above, our specialty covers help reduce engine compartment temperatures from 1200 F, (common operating temperature for most exhaust manifolds), to 350 F - 400 F. In some cases, such as in the Gas Fuel engines, the temperature of the engine compartment is a very critical issue, since it can affect the performance of the spark plug coils. Advance Thermal Corp. covers can solve this problem by bringing the temperature down to 200 F. Along with insulation systems for manifolds, Advance Thermal Corp. has great experience in insulation systems for various EXHAUST PIPING AND MUFFLERS for heavy mining trucks and other heavy machinery. Our blankets protect the sensitive on-board electronic devices and controls from becoming overheated, as well as provide excellent personnel protection.
- Advance Thermal Corp. - Thermal Blankets for Nuclear Plants: Outside Containment
- Advance Thermal Corp. has been working with the Nuclear Power industry for over 20 years. In fact, we service the largest Nuclear Power producers in the US and Canada. With three plants around the country, Advance Thermal Corp. delivers on time and on budget, at the most competitive price. Benefits of Removable Insulation for Nuclear Plants: One time investment facilitated by long term repeated use. Reduction in outage and testing time. Rapid payback - typically 6 to 9 months. Improves ALARA points. Equipment maintenance is easier. Provides protection for personnel. Color coding to match current systems.
Own this business?
Request to update the information